Transforming to the biggest change in healthcare since decades is essential to stay competitive. Value based care introduces analysis and data as the most important unique selling propositions.
Navigating complex development projects through various stages from early research to production requires a broad knowledge and experience, specifically when working with external R&D and manufacturing resources.
Market access in the US and Europe is closely linked to regulatory approval frameworks set by the FDA and the European commission. We support you to plan the best path to market in early stages of your development.
Time series analysis, Statistics, Big Data in real world environments, requiring artifact robust methods. And even more important: How to interpret results in a clinical context?
We are coaching Start-ups, get engaged in interim management positions and board positions to actively help launching the rocket in the right direction.
Most promising new products and methods are invented in Universities and Research Institutions. Getting involved early saves you a pole position.
New Business Models
With the change to value based care the business models change to service based and personalized approaches. You want to explore how your business can evolve and change?
Today, medical devices focus on function and quality. Design and the emotional side of the products are secondary. With the move to the digital era and the merge of Consumer with Medical this is quickly changing. Don’t miss the opportunity!
Smartphones are an enabling technology that allows to bring diagnosis and monitoring to the masses. Combining low cost sensors with Smartphone applications opens new business opportunities. How can you participate?
[vc_carousel layout=”title|no_link,text|text,image|no_link” autoplay=”yes” wrap=”yes” title=”News”]
A broad and knowledgeable overview and the resulting realistic evaluation and control of all decisive elements are the basis for goal-oriented innovation when introducing a new product or business sector.
We assist in solving questions involving all aspects of innovations, new products and the development of new areas and markets in the Life Sciences, especially in the medical technology sector.
This includes providing advisory opinions, reports, research and education, participation in individual discussions or planning processes, up to complete project control and interim management.
Our focus lies on the Life Science markets that are still by far the most important: Europe and the USA. Almost 70% of all Life-science revenue is generated in European countries and the United States.
Profit from a proven, extensive network of competent and strong partners!
Dr. Michael Lauk
+49 7665 9478744
Interdisciplinary activities characterize my personal background right from the start of my education. As a matter of course, I work cooperatively and in teams with the most diverse specialists and disciplines to find the optimal solution.
Experienced serial start-up entrepreneur and manager in the healthcare field, focused on technology, products, and services in life science, healthcare and medical devices, especially in Pulmonary medicine, Sleep, and Neurology.
I am focused to “smart” devices, homecare, and technologies that merge consumer healthcare with professional medical devices. With a rare combination of knowledge in data analysis, statistics, and IT on the one side and traditional medical device design on the other side I am perfectly positioned to enter the new fields of mobile health, digital health, and computer controlled therapies.
Within 20 years of experience in start-up companies, 9 of them in a medical device contract R&D and manufacturing company, I enjoyed working with dozens of new technologies, services, and products in every aspect. From research, engineering, regulatory, and manufacturing up to the build of a sales force.
Dr. Lauk Management Consultants 2009 – Today
- Support in the planning of a R&D project with cost and time estimation, evaluation of R&D projects, outsourcing in R&D, identification of risks and alternatives, questions of production transfer.
- Support clients in the transformation to the Transform Digital health and Mobile health era.
- Technology transfer: creation of possible licensing scenarios, negotiations with licensors or licensees, successful implementation of transfer projects.
- Support of foreign companies for market launches in the healthcare markets of Europe, especially in Germany.
- Strategic FDA and European regulatory consulting.
- Strategies for investor search and coaching of start-ups.
CEO and Co-founder neuroloop GmbH 2016 – Today, Freiburg, (Germany)
neuroloop is designing an implantable neurostimulation device to treat high blood pressure, using a novel cuff electrode that is capable to selectively stimulate the Vagus nerve.
Board Member and Co-founder SpinDiag GmbH 2016 – Today, Freiburg (Germany)
Our LabDisk system provides laboratory-grade PCR results directly from a swab sample fast and at the point-of-need. The complete work-flow is fully automated in a portable and easy-to-use instrument. It features sample preparation, pre- and main amplification with ultrafast PCR assays.
Co-founder respEQ, Inc 2014 – Today, Baltimore, MD
respEQ provides a platform with a patented flow sensor to manage Asthma and COPD. The sensor connects to inhalers and is ideally suited to monitor drug delivery and efficacy, and to track changes in respiratory status.
CTO, Co-Founder, inSleep Technologies 2009 – 2015 Weston, FL
Our breakthrough therapy device will be on the market soon. We’ve applied high-tech design common in today’s most appealing smart devices and brought sophistication and high styling to our devices treating sleep disordered breathing.
Founder StudyMyHealth 2011 – Today
The StudyMyHealth suite allows users to track their health data simply through their iPhone, either for their own purposes or to share with their doctors.
For more information please visit StudyMyHealth.com
CEO, Founder TNI medical AG 2007 – 2009 Freiburg (Germany), Baltimore
Design, manufacturing and introduction of a new therapy and a new trademark in the medical device home-care market.
CEO, Founder seleon GmbH 1998 – 2007 Freiburg, Dessau (Germany)
- Responsibility for and execution of more than 50 development and manufacturing projects of diverse sizes for customers from medium-sized businesses to large-scale industries, primarily in the Life Sciences sector.
- Formation of the company in 9 years from the ground up, from nothing to over 100 employees.
- Extensive experience with patents, licenses and trademarks.
- Several successfully completed structural adjustments (merger and also corporation splitting).
- Creation of reliable dynamic models for fiscal planning and control in rapidly growing companies.
Research (diverse clinical and scientific fields) 1991 – 2001 Boston University and University of Freiburg (Germany)
- Member of the board of bwcon e.V., responsible for eHealth
- Chairman of the Board of the “Friends of the University of Freiburg e.V.“,
- Founder and co-organizer of “eHealth Europe, former eHealth forum Freiburg“.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the German-American Institute e.V.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Freiburg Material Research Center.
- Tremor analysis in two normal cohorts. Raethjen J, Lauk M, Köster B, Fietzek U, Friege L, Timmer J, Lücking CH, Deuschl G.; Clin Neurophysiol. 2004 Sep;115(9):2151-6.
- Estimation of delay times in biological systems. Müller T, Lauk M, Reinhard M, Hetzel A, Lücking CH, Timmer J.; Ann Biomed Eng. 2003 Dec;31(11):1423-39.
- Essential tremor and cerebellar dysfunction: abnormal ballistic movements. Köster B, Deuschl G, Lauk M, Timmer J, Guschlbauer B, Lücking CH.; J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002 Oct;73(4):400-405.
- Variability of frequency and phase between antagonistic muscle pairs in pathological human tremors. Lauk M, Timmer J, Guschlbauer B, Hellwig B, Lücking CH.; Muscle Nerve. 2001 Oct;24(10):1365-70.
- Evaluation of impaired dynamic cerebral autoregulation by the Mueller manoeuvre. Reinhard M, Hetzel A, Lauk M, Lücking CH.; Clin Physiol. 2001 Mar;21(2):229-37.
- Tremor-correlated cortical activity in essential tremor. Hellwig B, Häussler S, Schelter B, Lauk M, Guschlbauer B, Timmer J, Lücking CH.; Lancet. 2001 Feb 17;357(9255):519-23.
- Dynamic cerebral autoregulation testing as a diagnostic tool in patients with carotid artery stenosis. Reinhard M, Hetzel A, Lauk M, Lücking CH.; Neurol Res. 2001 Jan;23(1):55-63.
- Tremor-correlated cortical activity detected by electroencephalography. Hellwig B, Häussler S, Lauk M, Guschlbauer B, Köster B, Kristeva-Feige R, Timmer J, Lücking CH.; Clin Neurophysiol. 2000 May;111(5):806-9.
- Pathological tremors: Deterministic chaos or nonlinear stochastic oscillators? Timmer J, Haussler S, Lauk M, Lucking CH.; Chaos. 2000 Mar;10(1):278-288.
- Cross-spectral analysis of tremor time series. Timmer J., Lauk M., Köster B., Hellwig B., Häußler S., Guschlbauer B., Radt V., Eichler M., Deuschl G. and Lücking C.H.; Int. J. Bif. Chaos, 10, 2000, 2595-2610
- Side-to-side correlation of muscle activity in physiological and pathological human tremors. Lauk M, Köster B, Timmer J, Guschlbauer B, Deuschl G, Lücking CH.; Clin Neurophysiol. 1999 Oct;110(10):1774-83.
- Classical conditioning of the electrically elicited blink reflex in humans: a new method of data analysis. Glocker FX, Lauk M, Föll D, Köster B, Guschlbauer B, Timmer J, Deuschl G, Lücking CH.; J Neurosci Methods. 1999 Jul 15;89(2):133-40.
- A test for a difference between spectral peak frequencies. Timmer J, Lauk M, Vach W, Lücking CH; Computational Statistics & Data Analysis 30(1), March 1999, 45–55
- A software for recording and analysis of human tremor. Lauk M, Timmer J, Lücking CH, Honerkamp J, Deuschl G.; Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 1999 Jul;60(1):65-77.
- Assessing muscle stiffness from quiet stance in Parkinson’s disease. Lauk M, Chow CC, Lipsitz LA, Mitchell SL, Collins JJ.; Muscle Nerve. 1999 May;22(5):635-9.
- Involvement of cranial muscles and high intermuscular coherence in orthostatic tremor. Köster B, Lauk M, Timmer J, Poersch M, Guschlbauer B, Deuschl G, Lücking CH.; Ann Neurol. 1999 Mar;45(3):384-8.
- The effects of stochastic galvanic vestibular stimulation on human postural sway. Pavlik AE, Inglis JT, Lauk M, Oddsson L, Collins JJ.; Exp Brain Res. 1999 Feb;124(3):273-80.
- The dynamics of quasi-static posture control. Chow CC, Lauk M, Collins JJ; Human Movement Science 18(5), Oct 1999, 725–740
- Parkinsonian and essential tremors: different entities or different manifestations of the same disorder? Lücking CH, Köster B, Guschlbauer B, Lauk M, Timmer J.; Adv Neurol. 1999;80:335-9. Review. No abstract available.
- Cross-spectral analysis of physiological tremor and muscle activity. II. Application to synchronized electromyogram. Timmer J, Lauk M, Pfleger W, Deuschl G.; Biol Cybern. 1998 May;78(5):359-68.
- Cross-spectral analysis of physiological tremor and muscle activity. I. Theory and application to unsynchronized electromyogram. Timmer J, Lauk M, Pfleger W, Deuschl G.; Biol Cybern. 1998 May;78(5):349-57.
- Central mechanisms in human enhanced physiological tremor. Köster B, Lauk M, Timmer J, Winter T, Guschlbauer B, Glocker FX, Danek A, Deuschl G, Lücking CH.; Neurosci Lett. 1998 Jan 30;241(2-3):135-8.
- Timmer J, Lauk M, Lücking CH. Confidence Regions for Spectral Peak Frequencies; Biometrical Journal 1997 39(7): 849–861
- Quantitative analysis of tremor time series. Timmer J, Lauk M, Deuschl G.; Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol. 1996 Oct;101(5):461-8.
- Clinical neurophysiology of tremor. Deuschl G, Krack P, Lauk M, Timmer J.; J Clin Neurophysiol. 1996 Mar;13(2):110-21. Review.
- Tremor classification and tremor time series analysis. Deuschl G, Lauk M, Timmer J.; Chaos. 1995 Mar;5(1):48-51.
- Lauk, J. Timmer, C.H. Lücking, G. Deuschl, J. Honerkamp.: An application for the analysis of human tremor time-series in: Mathematik – Schlüsseltechnologie für die Zukunft, Heidelberg, Springer, 2001
- Timmer J., Häußler S., Lauk M., Lücking C.-H.: Pathological tremors: Deterministic chaos or nonlinear stochastic oscillators? in D.S. Broomhead, E.A. Luchinskaya, P.V.E. Clintock and T. Mullin, ed., Stochaos: Stochastic and Chaotic Dynamics in the Lakes , American Institute of Physics, Melville, NY, USA, 2000, 197-202
- Wagner M., Lauk M., Timmer J.: Doppelblattkontrolle — Steigerung der Zuverlässigkeit von Kuvertiermaschinen In: VDI Statusseminar ”Technische Anwendungen von Erkenntnissen der Nichtlinearen Dynamik”, 1999, 251-254
- Köster B., Lauk M., Timmer J., Guschlbauer B., Glocker, F.X., Lücking CH.: Involvement of a transcortical pathway in Parkinsonian postural and resting tremor: a study in a Parkinsonian patient with congenital mirror movements , Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology 107, 1998, 66
- Hellwig B. Häussler S. Lauk M., Guschlbauer B., Köster B., Kristeva-Feige R., Timmer J., Lücking C.H.: Tremor-related EEG activity in patients with Parkinsonian disease. Electroenceph. clin. Neurophys. 107, 46P, 1998
- Köster B., Lauk M., Timmer J., Lücking CH.: Side-to-side correlation of pathological tremors, Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology 103, 1997, 211
- Köster, B., M. Lauk, M. Poersch, J. Timmer, B. Guschlbauer, F.X. Glocker, G. Deuschl, C.H. Lücking: Primary Orthostatic Tremor: Subclinical Involvement of cranial Muscles, Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology 99, 1996, 372
- Köster, B., M. Lauk, J. Timmer, T. Winter, B. Guschlbauer, F.X. Glocker, G. Deuschl, C.H. Lücking: Involvement of Central Pathways in Enhanced Physiological Tremor, Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology 99, 1996, 371
- Deuschl G., Lauk M., Timmer J.: Tremor Classification and Tremor Time Series Analysis, In: Belair J, Glass L, an der Heiden U, Milton J(eds). Dynamical Disease. Mathematical Analysis of Human Illness. AIP Press, (1995).
- Lauk M: Analyse Des Physiologischen Handtremors Mit Multivariaten Methoden der Zeitreihenanalyse. Biomedizinische Technik/Biomedical Engineering – Vol. 41 – Issue s1 – 1996 – pp. 638-639
(National versions are not referenced separately)
- WO2003022354A2, Sept. 4, 2001 Neurostimulator, control device therefor and data transmission method.
- WO2002078775A2, April 2, 2001 Radio module, respirator, therapeutic device for carrying out cpap treatment and monitoring device therefor.
- WO2006081800A2, Feb. 1, 2005 Disinfection device, water container, air-conditioning system, use thereof and method.
- US20050211248A1, Nov. 19, 2002 Method for controlling the pressure supplied by a CPAP device, CPAP device and storage medium
- DE10331027A1, July 9, 2003 Continuous monitoring of cerebral autoregulation by repeated measurement of patient blood pressure, cerebral blood flow speed and determination of mutual information from the measurements.
- WO2004078042A1, March 7, 2003 Gating method, gating unit and therapy device
- WO2012134887A1, March 25, 2011 Breathing apparatus
- DE102011052496A1, Aug. 8, 2011 Method for specific adaptation of smart phone application, and web page communication with applications on smart phones
- WO/2015/138454, March 9, 2014 System and Methods for Delivering an Agent to a User’s Lungs and for Simultaneously Monitoring Lung Health
+49 7665 9383101
Curiosity and high interest in new technologies influence my daily work with life science start-ups.
Working for 20 years in the field of healthcare I have been responsible for marketing and for the introduction of new products and projects in the market in own start-ups. Therefore recruitment and accountability in marketing in growing companies and projects were part of my daily business.
I am experienced in evaluation of studies and market analysis, interdisciplinary cooperation with clinics/medical professionals, R&D, QA and sales. Moreover in digital, online and print media.
As evaluator of start-ups I work for organizations. I help with presentations and access/contact to investors and decision-makers from the healthcare sector for external start-ups.
Freelancer, cooperation and marketing Lauk Management Consultants 2009 – Today, Freiburg (Germany), Baltimore (USA)
- Marketing for start-ups. Market analysis, patent search (Freedom to Operate), branding and CI. Marketing strategies, investor presentations, websites, apps (Germany and USA), print media.
neuroloop GmbH, respeq Inc., InSleep, StudyMyHealth
Management Healthcare bwcon GmbH/Baden-Württemberg: Connected e.V. (bwcon) 2017 – 2020
- Strategy and structure of digitization in the health sector of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg. Expansion of activities with companies in the life sciences sector, formats for life science start-ups, investors’ pitching days, contact to decision-makers in the health sector.
Evaluator and jury member for EIT Health Germany at Headstart Funding Programs 2017 – Today
Head of Marketing TNI medical AG 2008 – 2010, Freiburg, Würzburg (Germany), Baltimore (USA)
- Branding and CI, print and online media, trade fair appearances.
Research on sales markets, publications, patents (Freedom to Operate, competition analysis). Introduction of new scientific methods and therefore new products in the healthcare market.
Head of Marketing seleon GmbH 2004 – 2008, Freiburg, Heilbronn, Dessau (Germany)
- Product and project advertising through digital and print media, trade fairs. Research publications and patents.
Head of Department of Multimedia Education and implementation of the course “Media Designer Image and Sound” 1996 – 1998, Neustadt an der Weintraße (Germany)
- Content structure and direction of the state-approved course “Media Design Image and Sound” in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Science and Training and the State Center for Private Broadcasters of the Federal State of Rheinland-Pfalz and the IHK as a testing center.
- Teaching courses in cinematographs and editing techniques as well as web programming and communication science.
Richard Fehrenbacher Comprehensive School Freiburg (Germany), 2016-today
Parents’ Advisory Council, Consultant Lernfabrik 4.0
By sending us your information, you agree that we may process your information in accordance to these terms.